Every time we come to Alta Loma High School and have an opportunity to poke our heads into Mrs. Funk's foreign language classes, we learn a new way that she is doing her best to help students. Thank you for all of your hard work!
- How has technology transformed your teaching?
Technology has SIMPLIFIED my teaching: I have instant access to a wealth of information to,build my lessons. I have been able to CONNECT with the new generation of digital native students using the technology "language" they understand. My lessons are DYNAMIC.
2. How has technology transformed your students’ learning?
By using technology in the classroom, students take CONTROL of the learning process. It enhances students's INTERACTION, and allows them to SHARE information.
3. What are your favorite technology tools?
IPad, iPhone, chrome books, Doceri,Google docs, Google earth, Google maps, class Dojo, Prezi, Animoto,,Remind 101, Pics Art, YouTube, iPhone flash cards.
4. If you could give someone advice on getting started with technology in their classroom, what would it be?
Take advantage of the PERSONALIZED Tech Support provided by the district and learn how to use Apps and other tools; OBSERVE other teachers use technology; SHARE with other teachers ideas. LIFE STARTS OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE, so go for it!
5. What are you still hoping to learn by the end of this year/semester/month?
I want to explore more Safari Montage and take a look at Plickers.
If you know of someone in the district who is doing incredible work and should be featured in our Teacher Spotlight, please let us know via email or twitter.